June 3, 2020
Supporting our frontliners in every way we can.
Housing these critical personnel in our fight against COVID-19 is just one of the Many ways Meralco is fulfilling its civic duty during this unprecedented time.
Aside from ensuring reliable supply of electricity for everyone throughout the crisis, we also want to #KeepTheLightsOn for those who work the hardest to keep our light of hope!
April 14, 2020
Easter is about a life of service to others. More than ever, we continue to support our healthcare workers and LGUs.
Supporting our Frontliners
- Converted our Multi-Purpose Hall into a temporary sleeping hall for 32 frontliners from The Medical City. Beddings, Amenity Kits, Food, Showers, and Gym Equipment included.
- Partnered with the Department of Transportation and the City Government of Makati in deploying electric jeeps to transport health workers and essential personnel.
PPEs and Provisions
- Donated 8,700 hazmat suits, 2,580 goggles, 1,200 KN95 masks, 1,000 surgical gloves and 200 pairs of nitrile examination gloves to 13 hospitals.
- Donated 100 goggles, 200 KN95 masks and 100 face shields to Marikina Health Office.
- Distributed 1,250 relief packs to families in Caloocan, Antipolo, Marikina, Mandaluyong and Navotas.
- Donated P500,000 to Caritas Manila.
Energizing Healthcare Facilities & LGUs
- Energized temporary facilities for 150 Covid-19 patient beds in the ASEAN Convention Center in Clark.
- Powered DPWH’s temporary treatment centers, namely: World Trade Center, Ninoy Aquino Stadium, and Philippine International Convention Center.
- Continuously energizing hospitals, government agencies and vital institutions fighting Covid-19: President Emilio Aguinado Medical Foundation, San Pablo City General Hospital Dialysis Unit, and Silang Evacuation Center Kaong.
- Inspected and repaired facilities to ensure uninterrupted service for 9 healthcare centers: St. Luke’s QC, Skyline Hospital, Philippine Arena, NS Amorante Stadium, Quezon Memorial Circle, Philsports Complex, Vereran’s Memorial Center, Rogancio M. Mercado Memorial Hospital, and South Cembo Sports Complex.
- Sponsored the disinfection of RIzal Medical Center, PNP General Hospital, and PNP offices.
- Sent a contingent of 149 personel and 44 vehicles to energize two health centers, two schools, and two barangay halls in Caloocan.
April 6, 2020
Customers safety remains a top priority, as we continue to power efforts during the ECQ.
Customer Safety and Convenience
- Extended bills payments for 30 days.
- Provided easy online payments for customers.
- 7025 Bayad Center physical stores remain operational for non-internet customers.
Empowering Public Health
- Ensured that both the line and load side electrical facilities of temporary Covid-19 treament centers are in good working order to deal with the 24/7 surge in demand.
- Did thermal scanning and line inspection of 163 circuits serving 388 hospitals, ensuring that there are no power interruptions in health care facilities franchise-wide.
Protecting our Frontliners
- Donated 511 face shields to the Philippine National Police, Lung Center of the Philippines, and the province of Marinduque.
- Donated 2000 hazmat suits, 500 surgical masks, and 430 goggles to Makati Medical Center, Asian Hospital and Medical Center, Dr. Jesus C. Delgado Memorial Hospital, and Our Lady of the Pillar Medical Center.