Updated as of October 20, 2021
Please click on the category of your concern below to learn more.
1. Will meter reading activities be suspended?
Meralco will continue to read meters. Your bill will be based on the reading displayed on your meter.
2. How can you assure me that field personnel (meter reader, field rep and bill courier) are following safety protocols?
Field personnel follow a set of safety protocols and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - face shield, mask and gloves to perform their duties. Interviews are also conducted to ensure their health and safety.
3. Will you stop your operations (field verification, meter reading, billing)? How will I get billed since there’s a COVID-19 emergency? I don’t remember seeing the meter reader this month?
No, we will not. We will continue our vital operations such as onsite meter reading, field verification and bill deliveries. This is to ensure we avoid bill estimations.
4. Will I still get my Meralco bill during this COVID-19 emergency? When should I expect to receive my Meralco bill?
We will continue sending out Meralco bills.
For a bill summary:
- Message us on Facebook, Twitter.
- Call us in our 24/7 Hotline 16211
- Text 0920-97-16211 (Smart), 0925-77-16211 (Sun), 0917-55-16211 (Globe)
To get a copy of your bill, request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Why are you delivering now when it’s ECQ/MECQ/GCQ with restrictions?
As a utility, Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) allowed Meralco to deliver bills except for areas on community lockdown
1. What’s the Business Center Office Hours?
With the government’s announcement of various quarantine implementations, please see updated schedule of our Meralco Business Centers:
|Offices||Dates||Monday to Friday||Saturday
|Sunday & Holiday|
|NCR and Bulacan Business Centers||Oct 19-31||7:00 am to 5:00 pm||7:00 am to 12:00 noon||Closed|
|Laguna, Cavite, Rizal Business Centers||Oct 16-31||7:00 am to 4:00 pm||7:00 am to 12:00 noon||Closed|
|Metro Point Mall Branch (Payments Only)||Oct 16-31||9:00 am to 5:00 pm||9:00 am to 2:00 pm||Closed|
|Remaining Business Centers except below||Oct 16-31||7:00 am to 5:00 pm||7:00 am to 12:00 noon||Closed|
|Bacoor Government Center Branch||Oct 16-31||8:00 am to 4:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
We highly encourage you to transact with us through our 24/7 official channels:
- Meralco Online
- Meralco Mobile app
- E-mail email@example.com
- Hotline 16211
2. What safety guidelines can I expect when I visit Business Centers?
If there is an urgent need to visit our Business Centers, we have implemented general safety measures:
- Everyone is required to wear a mask when entering the Business Center premises. No mask, no entry.
- Foot mats are provided at the entrances to sanitize your shoes
- We will check your temperature prior to entry. Individuals with temperature of 37.5 degrees and above will not be allowed to enter.
- Those with cough and/or cold or manifest COVID-19-like symptoms will be not allowed to enter.
- Maintain a distance of 5 feet / 1.5 meters away from the next person. Stickers will guide you to observe social distancing.
We ask everyone’s cooperation and understanding as we implement these guidelines for everyone’s safety. If you did not meet the criteria to enter our premises, you may use our Drop Box found at the Entrances to file any concern or inquiry and submit service application documents. We will attend to these as soon as possible after careful handling and sanitation.
3. What are the safety measures Meralco has implemented in Meralco Business Centers?
- Meralco employees in Business Centers passed the rapid Covid-19 testing authorized by the Pasig City Health Office
- We are working on skeletal force to observe strict social distancing
- Acrylic barriers were installed as added precaution when transacting
- Business Centers are undergoing assessment to improve indoor air quality
- Business Center personnel will be in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- A desktops station, the Virtual Customer Care, will also be available in case you would be comfortable to transact and interact with Work-From-Home employees via video call.
4. Can I still transact online?
Yes, we continue #SwitchingOnTheNewNormal through our digital channels.
For payment transactions:
- Pay Visa or Mastercard-enabled credit card or debit card:
- Meralco Online
- Meralco Mobile app
Other authorized payment partners with online access are also available through this link
1. Will there be disconnection in Alert Level 3 and GCQ areas?
We will start serving disconnection notices for overdue bills except for those areas under granular lockdown.
In case you are unable to pay in full, we are open to discuss a lighter payment plan so that you may be exempted from standard disconnection process.
If you have any concerns, we are ready to help you 24/7 via our official channels:
2. What’s the disconnection updates for my area?
Updated as of Oct. 20, 2021
Please see below table on the updates on disconnection within the Meralco franchise area:
|Area||Period Covered||Resumption of Disconnection*
|Lucena City||Oct 16-31||Yes|
|Quezon (except for Lucena City)||Oct 16-31||Yes|
*If your area is on granular lockdown, disconnection activities will be suspended.
1. My service was disconnected but I was able to pay my bill already/ My service is scheduled for reconnection, will you still be able to reconnect my service now that we are on enhanced community quarantine?
As we are in a very special situation, we ask for your understanding as it may take some time to restore your service, but rest assured that we will fulfill our duties to the best of our abilities.
2. My service was disconnected but I was able to pay my bill already/ My service is scheduled for reconnection, will you still be able to reconnect my service now that we are on community quarantine?
Please refer to answer no. 1 in this section.
3. What is your turnaround time or how long do I have to wait for my service to be reconnected during this time of emergency?
Please refer to answer no. 1 in this section.
1. How do I apply for service during ECQ?
For your safety and convenience, you may apply through Meralco Online.
2. I already applied for a service. When will the field representative visit my premises?
To ensure safety and health of our customers and employees, field activities will only start once safety assessment of the area has been cleared. Our Customer Care Representative will get in touch with you on the schedule once assessment of the area is complete. You may also opt to submit a photo of your premises in lieu of an initial field inspection.
3. I thought you will be suspending field activities during ECQ? How will you inspect my area?
We have modified our service application process during ECQ to ensure that we are committed to switch the lights on for you. To ensure safety and health of our customers and employees, field activities will only start once safety assessment of the area has been cleared. Our field representatives and contractors are ensured to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and maintain physical distancing at all times.
4. How do I submit the required documents during ECQ?
For your safety and convenience, you may submit your documents through Meralco Online or you may submit through drop boxes located in ALL Meralco Business Centers, Auxiliary and Extension Offices and select Bayad Center branches.
5. My service entrance is already approved. How do I pay my bill deposit?
Bill deposit shall be deferred during ECQ and should be paid once ECQ has been lifted.
1. What is IPA?
Installment Payment Agreement (IPA) is a special agreement made between an authorized Meralco personnel and a customer.
This allows the customer to pay his/her unpaid bills in installment payments within a certain agreed number of months.
2. I have an existing installment agreement with the Business Center. Because of ECQ, I can’t pay for it. Do I need to pay for it now?
You do not need to pay for it now. However, we encourage you to settle it once the Business Centers open and the Enhanced Community Quarantine is lifted.
IPAs with due dates from March 1 to March 31, 2020, have been given payment extensions until May 15, 2020.
IPAs with due dates from April 1 to April 14, 2020, have been given payment extension until June 15, 2020.
3. I have an existing installment payment agreement. Is this covered by the 30-day payment extension?
All IPA installments under active accounts with payment due up to April 14 will be given an extension. Please see below chart:
|IPA Due Date as per Agreement||IPA New Due Date Because of the 30-Day Extension|
|March 1, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 2, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 3, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 4, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 5, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 6, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 7, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 8, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 9, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 10, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 11, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 12, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 13, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 14, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 15, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 16, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 17, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 18, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 19, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 20, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 21, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 22, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 23, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 24, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 25, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 26, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 27, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 28, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 29, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 30, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|March 31, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|April 1, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|April 2, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|April 3, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|April 4, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|April 5, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|April 6, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|April 7, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|April 8, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|April 9, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|April 10, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|April 11, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|April 12, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|April 13, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|April 14, 2020||June 15, 2020|
4. I am on IPA. Where can I pay for it?
IPAs may be paid only thru the Business Centers. Since the Business Centers are currently closed, payments for IPAs may be deferred until the Business Centers are open again.
5. I am on IPA but my account is not active anymore, can I still pay for my account?
IPAs, whether for active or terminated services, may still be paid once the Business Centers are open.