Meralco's Mission, Vision, Values and Principles
Our Mission and Vision
Our Mission is to provide our customers the best value in energy, products and services.
Our Vision is to be a world-class company and the service provider of choice.
Our Corporate Values and Principles
Our Corporate Values move us to respond more effectively to the requirements of our dynamic business environment, and propel us to create a bright future for our Company and its stakeholders. Our Corporate Values manifest in the following attributes:
Meralco believes that their customers are their reason for being. They are passionate about knowing and understanding their customers, responding to their needs, and ensuring total customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Principles of Service
Meralco’s customers are everything to them. Therefore, customers should always be treated with dignity. The company must be fully responsive to their needs. Meralco has the responsibility to:
- Provide the customers with the highest quality products and services, consistent with their requirements and with international standards;
- Treat the customers fairly, courteously and with integrity in all of its business transactions;
- Act promptly on their immediate concerns and be receptive to their long-term needs and interests; and
- Make every effort to ensure that the health, safety and general well-being of its customers are enhanced by its products and services.
Meralco strives to create and enhance value for all their stakeholders (customers, employees, investors, and communities they serve). They proactively seek and implement opportunities that drive and sustain higher levels of organizational performance and growth, cost-effectiveness and efficient delivery of services. Organizational agility, a sense of urgency and creativity are key to achieving these.
Principles of Employment
Meralco’s employees are their most valued asset, and therefore, should always be treated with dignity and with full consideration of their interests. The company has the responsibility to:
- Provide its employees with incentives and opportunities for professional growth and advancement;
- Provide its employees with just and competitive compensation, and benefits that improve their living conditions and incentives;
- Guarantee fairness, equal treatment and opportunity, and avoid discriminatory practices; and
- Provide suitable and safe working conditions to protect employees from avoidable injury and illness in the workplace.
Accountability / Empowerment
Meralco employees accept responsibility, assume ownership and take full accountability for all their actions, in their decisions or behaviors in the delivery of services and management of resources, in their public and private spheres, regardless of their level in the organization.
Principles of Investment
The trust that Meralco’s investors have placed in the company must be honored. The company has the responsibility to:
- Apply professional and diligent management to ensure the financial viability of the company and maintain a fair and competitive return for its investors; and
- Conserve and enhance its investors' assets, and fulfill and safeguard their interest.
Integrity / Transparency
Meralco is faithful to all responsibilities and obligations as employees of a power and energy company; behaving at all times in accordance with ethical and corporate governance standards.
Principles of Transparency
Suppliers and Creditors are Meralco’s business partners and, therefore, the company’s relationship with them must be based on mutual respect and benefit. The company has the responsibility to:
- Foster long-term stability, direct relation and continuous development with suppliers to attain quality, competitiveness, process efficiency and performance reliability;
- Seek fairness, truthfulness, integrity and transparency in all of the company's business dealings with them; and
- Seek, encourage and prefer suppliers whose business practices respect human dignity and the environment.
Teamwork / Collegiality
Meralco upholds harmonious collaboration, synergy and motivation among their people at all levels and across all activities; moving with a greater sense of purpose and sharing responsibility for the Company’s success towards “One Meralco”.
Principles of Competition
Meralco’s competitors are the catalyst for service excellence. Therefore, competition should be fair and honest, a basic requirement for national development in the distribution of products and services to the community. The company has the responsibility to:
- Promote behavior that demonstrates mutual respect among competitors; and
- Maintain the highest level of business ethics and integrity.
Meralco’s employees identify themselves with the company; giving total dedication and commitment to it, exemplified by performing their very best in every endeavor; with great concern for the company, its resources and its stakeholders: customers, employees, investors and the communities they serve.
Principles of Community
The Community is Meralco’s business environment and the society they serve. The company has the responsibility to:
- Uphold and maintain at all times the highest standards of business ethics;
- Fulfill with dedication and commitment their social responsibilities;
- Undertake activities that support and contribute to the economic and social development of the country;
- Employ proactive measures and cooperate with the government and non-government institutions in activities to serve society towards a collective benefit.
The company is committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the Filipino people by undertaking high-impact initiatives that support and contribute to the economic and social development of the country.
Principles of Collaboration
Meralco seeks to employ proactive measures and cooperate with the government and non-government institutions to serve society, working towards a collective benefit.
- Help the government in its efforts and programs towards raising investor confidence, developing the capital market, and ensuring high sustained economic growth through good corporate governance.
- Observe and comply at all times with the orders, rules and regulations of the government, its agencies and instrumentalities, in the pursuit of its utility objectives and other corporate endeavors;
- Institutionalize sound environmental practices in collaboration with the concerned government agencies and encourage other corporations/organizations to support all programs for an effective environmental management system.